Wednesday 19 April 2017

Walk to school

"Walk to school is long and tiring."
 
Part 2, Chapter 2 of Insectual
 
March to School, (page 123)
 
“Blah”, I thought, “skip it. There is nothing to say about this image.” But my mind did not agree. And off I went on a spiralling journey. What does this path remind me off? A ribbon, a river, intestines, a snake, a thread, an umbilical cord, a link between heaven and earth. The end of a note. I felt music stretch like this path through my nightly home.

This path which was my daily school path, 10 kms long, had left something in me: Never give up! Imagine I came home at 5 o’clock in the afternoon on winter days and had to get up again next morning at 5 o’clock to arrive at school at 8 o’clock. I was 12 years old. No reprieve. No complaints. Yes we can, when we must, when there is no choice. I forgot to sketch a light at the end of the path. How could I? It is in me any way. To know more about this light is my quest in Insectual. 

 
And then this path reminds of my breath. A short breath, a long breath, a life giving healing breath. It’s there at the beginning when life starts and it is at the end when life departs. So the path encompasses everything. 
 
22.2.1979
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment